Conservatorships and Guardianships Attorney Helps You Protect Your Family

Helene S. Fenlon, PLC can help you arrange for the care of an elderly parent or a disabled adult child. The firm can guide you in choosing a conservator whom you can trust to manage the financial needs of your loved ones.

Caring for an aging adult

Many of us face the challenge of aging family members who can no longer take care of themselves.  We notice that they can no longer manage their finances; they are not paying their bills or are paying them twice.  They cannot maintain their homes, and safety is a constant concern. They are no longer able to make decisions for themselves or need assistance with multiple activities of daily living: eating, bathing, dressing and toileting.  The situation is especially challenging when the aging family member does not live near relatives or when the aging family member lives with relatives who cannot meet the physical demands of caring for the aging family member.

Choosing a Conservator or Guardian

Attorney Helene S. Fenlon can advise you on making crucial decisions about whether a guardianship or conservatorship is an option to protect the welfare of an aging family member and if a family member cannot fulfill the role can refer a professional fiduciary to fulfill the role.

Contested Guardianships and Conservatorships

An aging family member does not always understand the need for a guardian or conservator and will object to the appointment of a guardian or conservator. Sometimes a guardianship or conservatorship is not needed and is a tactic to gain control over the aging family members’ assets. The aging family member may disagree with the appointment of a particular person. Other family members may not agree that a guardian or conservator is needed or disagree with the choice of guardian or conservator. A guardianship or conservatorship is sometimes contested, requiring the skills of an experienced litigation attorney. Attorney Helene S. Fenlon can guide you through the process with the goal of protecting the welfare of the aging family member.

Contact a lawyer who understands the challenges of appointing a Conservator or Guardian for an Adult — Helene S. Fenlon, PLC

To schedule an appointment for thorough and professional legal service in Scottsdale and throughout Arizona, call Helene S. Fenlon, PLC today at 480.584.3223 or contact her online.